One interesting use of apple cider vinegar to hit the internet is for treating skin tags.
Skin tags are those little raised protrusions that can appear on the skin. They are especially prevalent in people who are diabetic or overweight and can be a hereditary problem. They are more likely to occur in middle age or beyond.
Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
The apple cider vinegar treatment is one potential solution which can be found on the internet. The treatment works by soaking a cotton wool ball in apple cider vinegar and pressing it to the skin for 10-5 minutes 2-3 times day.
It appeals to those looking for a cheap DIY or natural treatment for skin tags.
However, dermatologists warn against this treatment for a number of reasons:
- Apple cider vinegar is a strong acid which can cause sensitivities and rashes
- The vinegar has a strong and unpleasant smell
- Treatment is awkward and fiddly to carry out
- Investing 15 minutes 3 times a day is impractical for many
- Spilling apple cider vinegar can damage furnishings
- This treatment comes with no guarantee and is very often ineffective, especially where the skin tags are well-established/resistant
Skin Tag Treatments
While it is tempting to seek DIY cures there are professional treatments which are faster, cleaner and offer much higher rates of success.
Skin Tag Clinics
Trained doctors and surgeons offer a choice of skin tag treatments:
- Cryotherapy (freezing)
- Laser treatment
- Surgery (using a local anaesthetic)
The most appropriate skin tag removal treatment is determined after examination of the skin tag. Cryotherapy is the fastest solution – surgery is only for the most severe and is a very quick procedure.
Cosmedics Skin Clinics have a selection of locations conveniently based in London and Bristol. All procedures are carried out by highly trained and experienced doctors and surgeons.
For more information or to book a consultation, please complete the form on this web page or call 020 7386 0464.